Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The "other" side of me

Part 1
the other side of me ...no it does not mean i have a split personality , so no need to worry. What i meant is there's another "life" or side of me that is "normal", normal as in I have my friends and family , and bills to pay, and a "social" life other than work . Some times being in the car industry you feel as though you only have 1 lifestyle - WORK! hence our slogan underneath our logo "we live here too " ... trust me you will understand what we mean if you work the hours that we do , just as an example 8am to 9pm on wednesdays. Luckily enough I work with a lovely team , everyone get along with one another , it does make our job alot easier and more pleasant coming to work everyday.  And I'm sure most of my colleagues feel the same way.
Having said that I'm lucky in the sense that I have very understanding Managers who take into account my "hectic" life with my 6 years old daughter, being in this industry you do sacrifice alot of family time , time spent with your kids, time spent with you family . Im lucky enough to start later than the trading time and also finishes earlier so I can have time for my lil bossy princess.  I'd never realised how much homework a year 1-ner gets, reading, writing, maths , every single night a good hour and a half is "study" time . and it never ends, some times I feel the teachers do it deliberately , pile them with loads of homework , in a way its good for the kids i guess ...it just as a parent it means you have to spend extra time every night to sit and go through it with them . ( which already there's bath time , dinner time , bedtime ...as you can see Im running out of "time" to fit into a evening) and then ....that's when I get to have "my time" . which by then Im exhausted so bedtime is my top priority! Im sure alot of you can relate to this.

Today was our first trip to the dentist! Alana was every excited for her first dental visit , for the past week she'd been counting down every single day , until this morning when she was told she have 4 wobbly teeth , she started to panic and started asking questions such as , what do they use to take the teeth out , will they use a needle ? How come Im not a dentist? why cant I be a dentist? How do dentists become a dentist etc .etc. and so on , again if you have kids around this age group you will know this "question and why" game quite well . But the good outcome from today's dental visit is that now my little one have now changed her career path , she have now given up on becoming an astronaut , and decided to be a dentist when she grow up. I asked her why? she said because you get to have lots of stickers ( she was given a sticker for being such a good girl at the dental clinic) . Well I wont complain since dentistry is alot closer to home than being an astronaut!

So now Alana is very excited because she was told walking out of the clinic that the tooth fairy will visit her soon , and quite regularly too , since there are 4 wobbly teeth waiting for the tooth fairy to come and collect. In my culture we never had toothfairies , I didnt even knew they existed , so thanks to the internet and phone calls to other mums , I am now a fully qualified fairytooth mother! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment